Monday 21 February 2011

4pm is a perfectly acceptable time to wake up.

Maybe I should have titled this blog, "The misadventures of a flailing madman running from one percieved danger to an even greater unpercieved danger," or would that have been too long I wonder?

I have been toying with the idea of leaving the country for a while now, to Scandinavia. I've many places to stay and even a job if I want it in Iceland. I was supposed to be going there in March, but turned the offer down due to.... i'm not quite sure. A cross between madness and apathy I guess.

Stability is one of those things you miss when it isn't there, a lot of people may think that they don't have it, but whilst you at least have someone to fall onto emotionally, someone to ground yourself on even if its just through idle conversation, you have stability.

I was, for a while, toying with the idea of doing something for humanity too, joining a cause or somesuch. But there is very little I believe in, Africa? The human body isn't designed for it, so we shouldn't be in it. Science? Run by bureaucrats refusing to pull resources together over minor differences. War? Well, the naval uniform would be nice and I know already I can get in as a sub-lieutenant... This isn't the fourth time i've toyed with the idea after all. But I sure as hell don't believe in anything the navy is being used for at the moment.

I'm going to cut it there for now, something just made me smile.