Saturday 5 March 2011

Lent.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12657101

Ok, now i'm not a burgler, and i'm no vandal nor.... no wait, thats not right. I'm no catholic, but the idea behind Lent always seemed to me like a good one, even down to its core. Giving shit up as a test of will is a good thing, and hell, sometimes its just good to get the crap you consume out of the system for whatever reason.

But this wound me up on the second paragraph. Where it said "Give up meat on Fridays" as self sacrifice or abstinence. Are you shitting me? I give up meat of Fridays by accident! That isn't a goddamn self sacrifice, and doesn't even brush abstinence! Give up freaking meat on every day OTHER than Friday and you've got it right there. But what the hell?!? That's nothing!

I'm giving up cola. Because i've been living off fizzy drinks. Just because I feel like it, and partly out of spite for this article.

1 comment:

  1. That's ridiculous. I want to do a ramadan style fasting thing and fast during sunlight hours, this would get increasingly difficult as summer drew in but as i work nights i don't feel there's any point, bit like meat on just fridays!
    So instead i'm giving up eggs, at first glance this seems easy but consider how many things are made with egg; mayo, cake, pasta, noodles, most breadcrumb coated products and so on and so forth. You know i like a challenge!
    If you feel you're drinking too much fizzy stuff you should consider all carbonated drinks, not just cola or you'll do like i have done previously and substitute it for a diff fizzy drink.

    ReplyDelete